Artist & Educator
Fine Art & Commercial Photographer, 2007-Present
Masters of Arts in Teaching
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography and Art History, Graduated with Distinction 2011
Exhibition of Work
2016, To My Mother who Used to Tell me Stories, Multicultural Arts Center, Cambridge, MA
2015, Somos Uno, Multicultural Arts Center, Cambridge, MA
2019, Photography Series & Repetition, Site: Brooklyn Gallery, Brooklyn NY
2019, Past Present Future, Specto Arts Space, Bridgewater, VA
2018, Life In Analog, Fort Works Art, Fort Worth, TX
2017, Inspired Views, Monserrat College of Art, Beverly, MA
2013 The Art of Hope and Spirit, Concord Art Association, Concord, MA
2013 Deciphering Identity, Jewett Art Gallery, Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
2013 Small Works, Gallery Benoit, Boston, MA
2013 Annual Benefit, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
2012 A Survey of a Familiar Object, Aviary Gallery, Jamaica Plain, MA
2012 Massart Benefit Auction, Stephan D. Paine Gallery, Massart, Boston, MA
2011 Small Works Show, Soho Photo Gallery, New York, NY
2011 Private Grounds, Godine Family Gallery, Massart, Boston, MA
2010 Senior Photography Thesis Show, Presidents Gallery, MassArt, Boston, MA
2010 BFA Senior Portfolio, ADD Inc., Boston, MA
2009 Alter-ego: Alternative Photographic Process, The Nave Gallery, Somerville, MA
2008 20th Annual Student Show, Copley Society of Art, Boston MA
Andover High School, Andover, MA Sept. 2013-Present
Visual Art Teacher
Designing and implementing interdisciplinary art and design curriculums for 9-12th grade visual art classes following Massachusetts State requirements. Incorporating art history and visual culture through multicultural-based lessons and units.
Advisor for the Photography Club, Chaperone for International Travel Courses, created new course proposals, attended conferences, courses, and workshops for Professional Development. National Art Educator Association member.
Courses Taught: Darkroom Photography, Digital Photography, Advanced Photography, Intro to Visual Art and AP Level Portfolio Photography
Danforth Art Museum Summer Education Program, Framingham University, 2018-Present
Arts Instructor Summer Art Classes
Worked with youth program coordinator to directly teach and model methods of photography, drawing, painting, sculpture and printmaking. Utilized the Museum Collection to teach course material, and model artistic techniques.
Courses Taught: Grades 6-8: Drawing & Painting, Grades 9-12: Painted Collage and Mixed Media, Grades 6-8: Painting, Drawing, Collage and Prints, GRADES 6-8: Your Photos: Images, Painting & Collage and Grades 4-5: North Africa and Middle East Themed Art Course.
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA May 2013-August 2013
Arts Instructor Summer Art Classes
Worked with youth program coordinators to directly teach and model methods of drawing, painting and printmaking. Facilitated in the technical aspects of materials and use of printmaking press. Used critiques and other performance based assessments to evaluate students’ progress. Utilized the Museum Collection to teach course material, and model artistic techniques.
Courses Taught: Drawing in the Galleries and Draw, Print, Paint.
Wellesley Middle School, Wellesley, MA Sept. 2012-May 2013
Designed and implemented developmentally appropriate interdisciplinary art and design curriculums for 6th, 7th and 8th grade visual art classes following Massachusetts State requirements. Incorporated art history and visual culture through multicultural-based lessons and units.
Sociedad Latina, Mission Enrichment After School Program, Roxbury, MA Sept. 2011-May 2012
After School Art Teacher
• Developed and implemented a curriculum for an after school program for middle school aged students to study a wide range of artistic practices. Created project using historical, multicultural and interdisciplinary artworks.
The Eliot School, School Partnership Program, Jamaica Plain, MA Sept 2011-April 2012
• Volunteered as a teaching aide in Roslindale Public School System in both Elementary and Middle School levels for visual art classes. Worked with teachers to implement curriculums while focusing on students’ progress through various artistic methods.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Summer Youth Courses July-August, 2009-2011 Teaching Assistant
• Worked with youth program coordinators and teachers to directly teach and model methods of black and white photography. Facilitated in the technical aspects of the camera, darkroom, and developing of film. Used critiques and other performance based assessments to evaluate students’ progress.
• PHOTOGRAPHY – black and white darkroom, digital, alternative camera-less methods
• PAINTING - oil, watercolor, acrylics
• DRAWING - figure, mixed media, collage
• PRINTMAKING - intaglio, woodblock, linocut, lithography, screenprinting
• SCULPTURE – ceramics, jewelry
• INSTALLATION - public and gallery installations
• COMPUTER - Adobe Programs: Bridge, Lightroom and Photoshop, I Movie, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT - Child-Centered, interdisciplinary and multicultural curriculum development using backward design.